Marathon in North Korea – level 1
There is a marathon in North Korea. It is special. Foreigners can be in the marathon. There are 15 people. There are people from 15 different countries. There are professionals and amateurs. They all can have a great time. They can become friends.
A car drives behind the runners. It plays music. It is North Korea’s typical music. Thousands of people watch the runners. A man from North Korea wins.
Difficult words: marathon (a race), foreign (person from another country), professional (person who does sport for money), amateur (person who does sport only for fun).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever run a marathon?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.