Marilyn Monroe’s dress – level 1
In 1962, an actress named Marilyn Monroe sings a song. She sings Happy Birthday to the president who is J. F. Kennedy. This is a famous moment. She is a famous Hollywood woman and she wears a famous dress!
Now, the dress is for sale in California. The dress represents history, politics, art, Hollywood, and the president. The dress is in the color of skin. There are 2,500 crystals on it.
There are many other things for sale. All of them represent Marilyn Monroe: her paintings, her books, her clothing, her shoes, her handbags and her makeup, as well as of course her important evening dresses.
All of these things have the price of five million dollars. Most of this money is from the famous dress. The price of the dress is between two and three million dollars.
Difficult words: wear (have on a body), represent (show), crystal (a small clear stone).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos