Meghan Markle’s podcast ends – level 2
Spotify ended its partnership with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The cooperation focused on podcasts, but there was only one season of Markle’s Archetypes podcast. Spotify is restructuring its podcast division, which led to the firing of workers. The podcast wanted to promote voices that were not usually heard. Despite Archetypes’ success as a top podcast and People’s Choice Award winner, Spotify and Archewell Audio, the couple’s audio production company, agreed to end their cooperation.
The value of the deal was around $20 million. This end follows a similar decision made with Barack and Michelle Obama’s Higher Ground media company.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think might have been the reason behind Spotify's decision to end their partnership with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.