Men vs Women – level 2
A study carried out at Washington State University asked men and women to take a maths test. Both groups then guessed their results.
It turns out that the men overestimated themselves. The women, however, guessed with a lot more precision on how well they did.
Experts only asked 122 people to take the test, but the experts say that the study may also show the need for positive illusions.
Difficult words: study noun (a scientific research), overestimate (if you overestimate somebody, you think that he or she is better than he or she really is), precision (the quality of being exact or correct).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that this study is correct?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.