Merry Christmas 2016 – level 1
Christmas is coming. People celebrate Christmas on 25th December. In some countries, people celebrate Christmas on 24th December. People from many countries celebrate Christmas.
The traditions are different from country to country. Usually there are many presents, a lot of good food and Christmas songs. Children and adults get presents from Santa Claus, Father Christmas, or Baby Jesus.
We want to thank you for reading our news this year. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
We are on holiday next week. We will be back on 2nd January, 2017.
Difficult words: celebrate (have fun), adult (a person who is not a child), merry (happy).
You can see a nice Christmas video below.
What do you like about Christmas?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos