Michael Jackson’s House – level 2
Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, died in 2009 at the age of 50. It was only months after he announced his plans for a 50-concert show. An overdose was the cause of his death.
In California, Michael Jackson’s home was the “Neverland Ranch”. He bought it in 1987 for 19.5 million dollars. There was even an amusement park and a zoo at the ranch. Neither of those are still there, but you can buy the ranch for 100 million dollars.
Difficult words: announce (to say something officially), overdose (when you take too much of a drug), amusement park (a large park with many special machines that you can ride on, such as roller coasters).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like MJ’s music?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.