Michael Jordan’s shoes sell – level 1
Michael Jordan’s sneakers or shoes sell for 1.47 million dollars at auction. The shoes are Nike Air Ships. They are the first shoes which sell for more than one million dollars.
Jordan wears these shoes on November 1, 1984. It is during his first season with the team the Chicago Bulls. Jordan starts to work together with Nike in the same year.
Nike is a sportswear company. Jordan has his own clothes and shoes. They are called Air Jordan.
Nike hopes that it will make 3 million dollars in four years. Then it makes 126 million dollars in one year. It is a big success.
Jordan is the first sports player who works together with Nike. Now, it is normal. Many sports stars work together with companies. It brings them both a lot of money.
Difficult words: auction (a place where people can buy things, and the person who pays the most money gets something), season (a part of the year when people do a sporting activity), success (an activity with a very good ending).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.