Minion balloon visits a museum – level 1
In England, someone goes to a museum. This person leaves a balloon. The balloon looks like a cartoon character. The character is from a movie. The movie is about a thief.
The museum closes. The balloon bobs around the museum. A camera films this.
People at the museum put the video on the Internet. People think that the video is funny. They think that the balloon is planning to steal something.
Difficult words: cartoon character (a person in an animated movie or TV show), thief (a person who steals things), bob (to move up and down).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this balloon’s visit?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.