Mitsi the Cat – level 1
Mitsi is a cat. She lives at a station in Israel. She lies around the station. She watches people. She sits on ticket gates.
Many people like her. She makes them feel good. However, some people do not like cats. They are afraid of them. They can also be allergic to cats. The station manager knows this. He wants everyone to be happy. He is looking for a home for Mitsi.
Difficult words: ticket gates (a little ‘wall’ which lets you go through only if you have a ticket), allergic to (if you are allergic to something, your body starts to feel bad – your eyes can be red, your skin can be red, you cannot take in air well…).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.