Mobile phone battery explodes – level 1
This happens in China. A woman is on a bus. She replaces her mobile phone battery. Suddenly, the battery is on fire. It explodes.
The woman and other passengers are shocked. They get off the bus. Luckily, everybody is fine. Experts tell people not to buy bad batteries.
Difficult words: replace (take out and put back again), suddenly (quickly and without warning), passenger (person who travels on something)
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has this ever happened to you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos