Models with Down’s Syndrome – level 3
Celebrities joined models with Down’s Syndrome on the catwalk in the fashion show called “Be Beautiful, Be Yourself.”. Celebrities Hilary Swank, Queen Latifah, and Jamie Foxx were part of the group.
Deondra Dixon, Jamie Foxx’s sister, has Down’s Syndrome and walked with Queen Latifah.
The annual event raises money for the Global Down Syndrome Foundation, and this year it raised $2.1 million for research and medical care.
Difficult words: celebrity (a famous person), Down’s Syndrome (a medical disorder that affects a person’s brain and physical appearance), catwalk (a thin, long stage that people walk out on during fashion shows).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.