Mohamed al-Fayed dies – level 1
Mohamed al-Fayed is an Egyptian billionaire. He dies. He is 94 years old.
Al-Fayed buys a famous store called Harrods. He sells drinks and sewing machines at the start of his career. He makes money from buildings and ships in the Middle East and Europe. He has famous things in Britain, but people do not like him there. He had fights with the British government about becoming a citizen. He sometimes talks about moving to France, where people like him more. Al-Fayed tries to prove that Princess Diana and his son die in a car crash and that it is a murder. He dies one day before the 26th anniversary of the accident.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some of the most famous things that Al-Fayed owned in Britain?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.