Money in Streets – level 1
A gang of about 30 men takes control over a city in Brazil. They come to the city after midnight. They block the streets. They do not want police to come.
The men come in expensive cars. They rob a bank. They blow it up. Then they move to the streets of the city. They break cars. They start to shoot. The situation is very dangerous. The mayor of the city asks people to stay in their homes.
The men leave the city about two hours later. They litter the streets with lots of money. Some people see it. They run outside. They quickly take the money.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.