Monkey Takes Selfies – level 1
A student from Malaysia loses his phone. It happens when he sleeps. He does not know how it happens. It is a mystery.
Later, the student hears a sound from the forest behind his house. It is the sound of his phone. The man finds his phone.
The man speaks to his uncle. His uncle asks the man to check the camera in his phone. Maybe a picture of the thief is in the phone. The man’s uncle is right.
Many pictures of the thief are in the phone. However, the thief is very unusual. It is a monkey. The monkey takes selfies. The monkey makes a video. He tries to eat the phone.
The man lives in a safe place. Monkeys do not usually steal things there. However, it is possible that the monkey gets in the house through an open window.
Difficult words: mystery (something that people cannot explain), thief (a person who steals something), selfie (when you take a picture or a video of yourself).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that rugby should have tackling?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos