Monkeys in a city – level 2
A city in the North of India faces a problem. Thousands of monkeys are invading the city!
They are going into people’s homes. They steal food and clothing. People must use iron grills as protection.
People in India worship monkeys. They believe that they are part of a Hindu god. Some people feed these monkeys, which makes the situation even worse. Also, the forest around the city gets smaller and smaller. The monkeys must move to the city.
Difficult words: invade (come in large numbers and take over something), grill (frame with metal bars), worship (to show respect and love for a god).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you solve this problem?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.