Mother gets a different baby – level 2
A woman gave birth at a private hospital in El Salvador. When she left the hospital a few days later, people gave her her baby.
However, she noticed that the baby had darker skin than she remembered. This prompted her to seek a DNA test a few weeks later. The test showed that she was not the mother of the boy.
After months, people reunited her with her baby. She said at a news conference how happy she was to be with her son.
Difficult words: prompt (make), reunite (to come together again), news conference (a meeting where a person talks to the media).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident with the baby?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos