Moving slime – level 1
Chinese scientists make a slime. The slime can move.
The slime is full of very small magnets. They are dangerous for people. They are in a silicone substance. This makes them safe for people.
Scientists use magnets to move the slime. The slime gets through very narrow spaces. It can make a circle. It can make the O and C shape.
People on social media say that the slime looks like Flubber. Flubber is a substance from a 1997 sci-fi film.
Scientists say that the slime could help people who swallow something dangerous, for example, a battery.
Difficult words: silicone substance (a material which has no color, and it looks like rubber), narrow (little space between two things), swallow (to make food or drink go through the mouth and down to the stomach).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.