Museum of Illusions – level 2
A new Museum of Illusions opened in Cairo, Egypt.
An illusion is when our senses trick our brain, and we see or feel something that is not really happening. In the museum, people see, for example, holograms or special pictures, and they visit a room called the Infinity Room. The manager of the museum said that people visit the place for more than fun. They could learn a lot of interesting things about their mind, vision, and science, too.
There are 15 similar museums around the world. The first museum opened in Croatia in 2015 and it quickly became very popular. It is a very successful idea and people of all ages love it.
Difficult words: sense (when people can see, smell, hear, taste, and touch), hologram (an image that is not real, but a special technology makes it look real), infinity (when something has no end).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos