Music During Operation – level 1
Dagmar Turner is a musician. She plays the violin. In 2013, doctors tell her that she is very ill. She has a brain tumor.
Doctors try to kill the tumor. They are not successful. The tumor grows. It is dangerous for Turner. The tumor can damage a part of her brain. This part controls her left hand.
Doctors must take the tumor out. They are scared. They can damage the brain. Turner has an idea. She wants to play the violin during the operation.
Turner sleeps at the beginning of the operation. Doctors wake her up. She starts to play the violin. A part of her brain starts to work. Doctors can see it. They take the tumor out. They are very careful.
The operation is successful. Turner feels good.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.