Naomi Osaka ends at the French Open – level 2
Naomi Osaka is the tennis world number two, and on Monday, she shocked the tennis world when she withdrew from the French Open in Paris.
Osaka wrote on Twitter that she needed to take a break from the sport because she had depression. Officials fined her $15,000 when she did not hold a press conference after she won the first match at the French Open. Officials also said that if she did it again, they could make her leave the French Open and other big tennis events.
Osaka decided to solve the situation herself. She said that she had suffered from depression since 2018 and that the best thing she could do was withdraw from the French Open.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.