NASA Mission Delayed – level 1
The US Space Agency, NASA, is working on a new rocket and spacecraft. The agency is planning a mission to the moon. This spacecraft takes the first woman and the next man to the moon before 2024.
NASA must stop its work now. There are many people with coronavirus in the US. NASA is closing its building in New Orleans, Louisiana. Workers are building the rocket there.
A space center in Mississippi must close, too. One person in the team is ill. He has coronavirus.
NASA says that its mission is going to be delayed. However, it is important that all people are healthy and safe.
Difficult words: spacecraft (a special plane that people use to travel in space), mission (when people travel far away, and they do important work there), delayed (when something happens later than people plan).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos