New car technology – level 3
When the movie “Back to the Future” came out in the 1980s, people hoped that we might have flying cars in the 2000s, which we didn’t.
However, at the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), a prototype flying car was one of the new vehicles on display. The flying car transitions from the ground to the air and you can try it through simulation; the company hopes that they will finish it in 2026.
CES is an important tech event; this year, car technology was a focus with electric race cars, a large remote-controlled dump truck, and the flying car. BMW showed a kaleidoscopic concept car that could change to any color, while Honda and Sony showed an electric car with 45 sensors and cameras. Ram showed a concept pickup that will follow you if you get out, and Blackberry showed software to run devices in the car.
Difficult words: prototype (the first version of a project or invention with all of its features), kaleidoscopic (an image that has many colors or shapes within it), concept (a project or invention to show if you can create something; the concept is before a prototype)
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos