New Elvis Museum – level 3
Elvis’s former wife, Priscilla Presley, cut the ribbon to a new centre dedicated to the king of Rock ‘n Roll in Memphis, Tennessee. Elvis died 40 years ago. Priscilla said that her husband was a giving man and he would have liked sharing the things that he accomplished with his fans.
The 19,000 square-metre complex features memorabilia, cars, two restaurants, and retail stores. The complex replaces the ageing buildings that people had been visiting for years. Fans seemed ‘all shook up’ by what they saw.
The complex is a part of a $140 million expansion to Graceland, including a 453-room hotel that opened last year.
Difficult words: cut the ribbon (when a person cuts a ribbon to open a new building; it also means just to open a new building), memorabilia (souvenirs; things related to someone or something), all shook up (this is a phrase from a song by Elvis and it is about being very excited).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.