New industrial zones in Egypt – level 1
The Suez Canal is in Egypt. It connects the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea. The canal is an important way for big ships. They bring things from Asia to Europe.
Europe has problems during the pandemic. Companies in Asia don’t make enough things for Europe. Also a big ship gets stuck in the Suez Canal. Egypt is building four big industrial zones along the canal. There will be many companies and businesses. They can get things to Europe in 48 hours.
The area along the canal has more than 16 million square meters. There are some factories already. But they are too far from cities. Egypt is building a new city near one of the industrial zones. Workers won’t travel far. It will take 15 years to build everything.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.