New Law in Vietnam – level 1
In Vietnam, there is a new law. It starts this year. It affects tech companies.
Facebook must have user information on servers in Vietnam. If the Vietnamese government wants information from Facebook, Facebook must give the information. If the government wants to delete something from Facebook, Facebook must delete it.
The Vietnamese government says that the law protects people’s information. It also says that this can fight cybercrime.
Some people criticise the new law. They say that it is not good for free speech. They also say that it gives the government too much power.
It is interesting that the American government writes to Facebook and to Google. It asks them not to comply to the new law.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.