New Recyclable Plastic – level 1
People make plastic. To make it, they put in additives. It is easier to make plastic with additives. To recycle the plastic, people cut it into very small pieces. However, the plastic has the additives in it. The cut-up plastic is hard to use again.
Scientists in California work on this problem. They make a new plastic. It can be recycled easily. The plastic and the additives can be broken apart easily.
The scientists hope that this new plastic can help the planet. They want there to be less plastic.
Difficult words: plastic (a material that people can turn into many types of things – bottles, phones, computers, bags), additive (a thing that people add/put in to help make something), recycle (turn something into a new thing to use it again).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.