New sensors help women – level 2
A team of scientists made three wireless sensors which helped during labor.
During labor, doctors measure many things, for example the mother’s heart rate, temperature, pulse, and level of oxygen. It helps them know how the woman and the baby inside her body are doing and if everything is okay. These special sensors are on a woman’s chest, finger and belly. They communicate with each other, and they give the doctor all the information which he needs.
The sensors are very helpful because women could use them at home, and doctors could check them without meeting personally. Another good thing is that the sensors have no wires and the woman can move freely.
Difficult words: wireless (without wires or cables), sensor (a device which measures something and how it is changing), labor (when a pregnant woman is pushing a baby out of her body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos