New spoon for astronauts – level 2
Nikolas Grafakos designed a new spoon which helps astronauts eat in space. Grafakos said that the new spoon can be important especially on long missions when it was very important to feel happy.
The spoon, which astronauts use now, looks like the spoon we all use. It is a little longer, and it is not always easy for astronauts to use it. They need to eat food which is mushy and wet, so that it sticks to the spoon.
The new spoon is something between a spoon and chopsticks. Astronauts can press it at the end, and they can control the food much more easily. If astronauts use the new spoon, they can eat more kinds of food, which will surely make them happier.
Difficult words: mission (a long trip with specific tasks to do), mushy (very soft and without a firm shape), chopsticks (a pair of thin sticks which are from wood or plastic, and Asian people eat with them).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.