New technologies in US power plants – level 1
The US government is preparing a new law. This law means that gas power plants must use special technology. This technology catches carbon emissions.
President Joe Biden wants to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in 12 years. Officials will announce the rules for power plants this week. Gas power plants make up around 25% of the US carbon emissions. Power plants will use these technologies. Some companies may build new power plants. But it will be hard for them to compete with solar or wind power plants.
The new rules will work instead of the rules by Obama and Trump administrations.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What type of technologies will gas power plants be required to use in order to reduce carbon dioxide emissions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.