New type of human is found – level 1
Scientists find many old bones. These bones are from 15 people. They find them in a cave. This cave is in South Africa.
The bones are 20,000 years old. They are the bones of “Homo Naledi”. Homo Naledi is a type of human. Homo Naledi lived a long time ago. It had a very small brain. However, these people had feet like us – they could walk like us.
Scientists say that this is an important discovery.
Difficult words: cave (a big space in the side of a hill or under the ground), had (past of “have”), brain (the organ inside your head), discovery (something that you discover – find).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about “Homo Naledi”?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.