New ways to bury people – level 1
People usually do two things with a dead body. One thing is to use cremation. Cremation is when you burn the body. The other thing is to bury the body. This is when you put the body in the ground.
Natural Funeral is a US company. This company does different things. They do water cremation and green burial. Both are more friendly to the natural world.
They do not make any emissions. They do not take space in the ground. Water cremation changes the body into a fertilizer. Green burial changes the body into compost.
Both ways mean that the body returns to nature. The body becomes different. The body helps plants grow.
Difficult words: burial (when people put a dead person in the ground), emission (a gas which makes the air dirty), fertilizer (a chemical which people put in the ground, and it helps plants grow), compost (old plants, vegetables, or food which people put in the ground, and it helps the plants grow).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos