New York’s Hot Dogs – level 1
The hot dog is something typical of New York. One man says that it is like the Empire State Building or the Brooklyn Bridge. Those places are also very typical of New York.
One brand of hot dogs is 100 years old. The brand celebrates its birthday. People use the hot dogs to make the longest line of hot dogs. They use 1,916 buns.
This big hot dog is 292 metres long. This is 34 metres longer than the second longest hot dog. The second longest hot dog is made in Tokyo.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like hot dogs?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.