News from ABBA – level 1
ABBA is a pop group. It is from Sweden. It has big hits in the 1970s. Some of them are ‘Waterloo’ and ‘Dancing Queen’.
ABBA ends in 1982. However, the group wants to come back now. It has two new songs.
One song is called ‘I Still Have Faith in You’.
The group also plans a tour. The band will not sing in person. The people will use holograms. You can see the show in December.
Difficult words: will (in the future), in person (in real life), hologram (a 3D image made by lasers).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos