Nigeria Border Closed – level 1
Countries in West Africa want to do business together. They make a union.
They support each other. Last year, Nigeria closes its border. Nigeria wants to reduce imports and exports. The country also wants to stop the illegal transport of things.
This is a big problem for the other countries. Nigeria has the biggest economy in Africa. Many countries need to do business with Nigeria. They depend on it.
West African countries want to know what this does to their money. They make a group. The group must study the situation in all countries. It must write a report about it. Nigerian officials hope that this does not take a long time to write the report.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.