No Lungs for 6 Days – level 1
Cystic fibrosis is a very bad disease. It is a disease of the lungs. A woman is born with the disease. She is from Canada.
She has a very bad lung infection. She goes to hospital. She has only hours to live. Doctors help her. They take out her lungs.
The woman has no lungs for 6 days. A special machine works instead of her lungs. After 6 days, she gets new lungs. She gets better every day.
Difficult words: disease (something which makes your body feel bad), lungs (the two organs in your body which take in air), infection (if you have an infection of something, that part of your body is not well).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.