North and South Korea conflict – level 1
North and South Korea are two countries on the Korean peninsula. These two countries fight with each other in a war. The war ends in 1953. South Korean leaders do not officially end the conflict.
Now, North and South Korea have problems all the time. North Korea makes dangerous rockets and bombs. South Korea and the US are not happy about the weapons.
Moon Jae-in is the president of South Korea. He wants to officially make peace with North Korea. North Korea says that a peace deal is possible. Sadly, experts do not believe that it will be easy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.