North Korea And Coronavirus – level 1
Kim Jong-un is the leader of North Korea. He likes to appear in public. He goes to many meetings and events.
However, recently, he does not appear in public so often. People and media do not know why. Some media say that Kim has a heart operation. Different media say that he can be dead.
Last week, Kim meets with other officials. The meeting is unusual. Kim does not come too close to other people. He keeps away.
It is possible that it is because of the coronavirus. However, nobody is wearing a face mask. The officials speak about business and life in North Korea. They do not speak about the coronavirus.
Officials say that the coronavirus is not in North Korea. However, many people do not believe it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.