Novak Djokovic wins Wimbledon – level 2
Last weekend, Novak Djokovic won his seventh Wimbledon title. In the final, he beat Australian Nick Kyrgios.
Djokovic qualified for the final after Rafael Nadal stopped at Wimbledon because of injury. It was the first final for Kyrgios, and Djokovic was the game favorite, but Kyrgios wasn’t afraid of the Serbian star. He played very well, and he served 30 aces. Djokovic still won his fourth consecutive Wimbledon title in men’s singles.
After the game, Djokovic said that Kyrgios played very well and was talented. Also, Djokovic said that the Wimbledon final wasn’t the last for Kyrgios.
Difficult words: qualify (to be ready officially), favorite (the player who most people think will win), consecutive (one after another without a break).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos