Obama stops his speech – level 1
Barack Obama gives a speech. A man starts to shout. He shouts: “Freedom for Ethiopia!”
The president cannot talk when the man shouts. Obama stops his speech. He reacts to this man. He tells him that he is right. Obama wants to talk about it later.
The man wants to help the people of Ethiopia. He says that he is a freedom activist.
Difficult words: shout (say something strongly), freedom (situation of being free), react (to say something or do something), activist (somebody who wants to change things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has anybody ever interrupted your speech?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.