Oceans Are Warmer – level 3
According to a new report, ocean temperatures in 2018 were the hottest that they have been since the record keeping began in 1958.
The authors of the report say that ocean heating is solid proof of climate change, and that the findings are a ‘major concern’ for both the scientific and global communities.
The scientists are the same group of researchers who published a report last week showing that the world’s oceans are heating up faster than people previously thought. Warmer oceans can cause a number of issues, such as rising sea levels, heavier rainfall, stronger storms, and melting polar ice. In fact, another study found that Antarctica’s ice sheet has been melting over the past four decades at an alarming rate.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.