Oil Well Fire – level 1
Last week, a fire starts at an oilfield in Siberia, Russia. Oilfield workers want to stop the fire with water. However, they are not successful. They do not have enough water. After one week, the oil company asks the Russian army to help.
The army uses a special gun. The gun makes an explosion. This helps stop the fire. The explosion needs oxygen. The fire does not get enough oxygen. The fire stops. However, a lot of heat makes the work difficult.
In the past, the Soviet Union uses nuclear tests to stop gas and oil well fires.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.