Old bombs in Germany – level 1
Many bombs were dropped on Germany in World War II. Around 15% of the bombs did not explode. They stayed underground. This is dangerous. Some bombs are even under buildings.
World War II ended in 1945. That is 70 years ago. There are still bombs in Germany. People find them. They move them to a remote place. There, they let the bombs explode.
Difficult words: drop (to fall from a plane), remote (far from people), -ed (this means “in the past”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How did WWII change your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.