Old ship discovery – level 1
Swedish divers find a shipwreck. They think that it is Applet. Applet is a ship from 1629. It is a warship. A part of the ship sinks to the bottom of the sea. The main part of the ship doesn’t break. The ship is very big.
It looks very similar to Vasa. Vasa is another warship from 1628. Vasa is the best preserved ship in the world.
It is 69 meters long. It sinks on its first journey. The ship sails only 900 meters.
Archaeologists will leave Applet in the sea. The work to take it out is difficult. It could break.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.