Old Walt Disney movie is found – level 2
People found a film in 2008 during a review of old films in northern Norway. Later, they identified it as a missing Walt Disney movie from 1927.
The animated Christmas movie is called the “Empty Socks,” and it is stars Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, who was the forerunner to Mickey Mouse. The historic film is 5 minutes and 30 seconds long.
Now the film is digitally restored. People sent the copies to the Walt Disney Company in America. The original copy will stay in the archives.
Difficult words: review (the act of checking something), star (to be the main performer), forerunner (something which existed before something similar came).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like animated movies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.