Old wreck is found – level 1
A ship is in the Caribbean. It is a Spanish ship. It is full of gold and silver. The ship sinks. Around 600 people die. This happens in 1708.
Now, people find the wreck. They study it. They see cannons. The cannons are bronze.
People want to find the gold and silver, but they must keep looking.
Difficult words: sink (to go down in the water), wreck (a broken thing like a ship or a car), cannon (a big heavy thing on a ship which can shoot giant balls).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this shipwreck?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.