Oldest Men in Britain – level 2
In Britain, two men recently turned 110 years old. They share the record for the oldest living men in Britain. One man lives in Scotland, and the other lives in southern England, so they called one another to celebrate.
The man in Scotland was a farmer and he talked about the changes that he saw in farming during his long life. He even shared his secret to his long life: eating porridge every day!
The man in Hampshire said that it was not his ambition to live this long, but his life was always interesting and the years just went by.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.