Oldest Message in a Bottle – level 3
On a beach near Perth, An Australian woman found the oldest message in a bottle while picking up rubbish.
Scientists traced the bottle back to Germany in 1886, and the message was from a German captain who wrote the date and the name of the ship.
The bottle, along with the message, is on display in the Western Australia Museum.
Difficult words: traced (find out about the origin).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.