Oldest Mother Ever – level 2
An Indian couple in their 70’s came to a doctor for treatment because the woman was not able to get pregnant. The doctor was not sure about this, but tests showed that she was fit and healthy. The risks were not higher than the risks of a middle-aged woman.
After 3 years of fertility treatment, the woman gave birth. As she is in her 70’s she is one of the oldest mothers to ever give birth. Her exact age is not known, however, because she does not have a birth certificate, which is normal in India.
The new mother says that no one from the family taunted her for having a child.
Difficult words: fertility (the ability to have a baby), treatment (medical care), taunt (to say something bad).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.