Operation Changes Her Life – level 1
Doctors in the US do an operation. It changes the life of a baby. The baby’s name is Dominique.
She is born with four legs and other parts of a body. They are parts of a twin. The twin is on her back. There are legs and feet. They move. This is very dangerous for the baby.
Doctors work very hard. The operation is very difficult. It is successful in the end. The baby has a new life. She can live a full and normal life now.
Dominique leaves the hospital five days after the operation. She lives in an American family. They are not her parents. They look after her.
Difficult words: twin (a brother or a sister that is born on the same day), dangerous (with a lot of risk), difficult (not easy), successful (very good).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos