Orlando Bloom in Ukraine – level 2
From Hollywood to Ukraine, Orlando Bloom has travelled to the country for Unicef, an agency which tries to improve the health and education of children. He is the first high-profile celebrity to make the journey for Unicef.
Unicef has spent nearly 70 years working to help children and their families. There are 300,000 children in eastern Ukraine who need help continuing their education.
The father-of-one visited a classroom which shells hit while the students were at school. He spoke to children who are receiving counselling from Unicef-supported psychologists.
Difficult words: high-profile (very popular), shell (a bomb), counselling (consultation, advice, help).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.